Shower Cleaning Made Easy!

If you are a Pinterest guru, you are probably flooded with all the home and cleaning tricks that are supposed to make your life easier. I have quite a few pinned on my Pinterest boards. While most of the things I pin end up just staying on my pin board and not becoming a reality, there was one that caught my attention that I had to try.

See, I hate cleaning the showers. Hate it. So when I saw this idea I gave it a shot.

Take a scrubber brush that is normally used in the kitchen. Fill it with half white vinegar and half dawn soap. As soon as you start your shower, give the walls, floors and hardware in your shower a quick wipe down. The rest of your shower will serve to wash it all away.

I’ve been doing this for a few months now and can say it 90% works! I say 90% because I have had to give our tub a good scrub with some other cleaner once or twice but it sure beats doing it as much as I was. It’s easy, cheap, and cuts down on bathroom cleaning time.

Just wanted to share one of the pinned ideas out there that is actually worth trying!

Comments

1. Lori says

WOW! Interesting ….I think that I am going to need to try that!

2. Pingback: 10 Easy DIY All-Natural Household Product

3. hickorynut says

can this be mixed together and put in a spray bottle too, or does the dawn make it too thick to spray?

I haven’t tried it in a spray bottle. It might work, though. Let us know if you try it!

• Sarah says

I have done this mix in a spray bottle and after a while it gets clogged

4. What an awesome idea! I have a spray bottle that is 1/2 pinesol (pretty lemon smell) and 1/2 hydrogen peroxide. When I find a dried spot (not carpet) I give it a squirt and put a paper towel on it and spray that a bit too. Leave a few minutes and the spot just wipes right up! 🙂 Love, Patty

5. Shari says

I’m wondering if 1/2 of dawn may be too much? I wouldn’t use that much to fill a bucket full of water when I wash my truck. Just curious. 🙂

You could probably use less but my guess is the recipe calls for that much so that the smell of vinegar isn’t to overwhelming.

6. Melinda says

Just wondering how the scrubby part does on the shower walls? doesnt scratch it at all ??

Not on our shower, but it’s not ceramic. I don’t think it would scratch.

7. Jennifer says

I saw this on Pintrest and I’m going to give it a try because i hate cleaning bathrooms…maybe it will even get my Husband to try out cleaning them lol