My kids love the Powerball cookies. Ok, I love the Powerball Cookies. But, you know me. I like to sneak in nutrition wherever I can and save time in the kitchen. So, I wondered if there was a way to make Powerball Cookies faster and more nutritious. The answer is yep.
This recipe turned out a bit like my Clif Kids ZBars Copycat Recipe but was faster, had pumpkin in them, and less sugar. It’s a super quick way to make a healthy and yummy snack for the kids (or mom). I’ll be making this a lot!
Homemade Protein Bar Recipe
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons dried coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ½ cup quick oats
- Melt first 5 ingredients together in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Then stir.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir. Press flat and shape onto a plate or in a small pan with sides.
- Place in freezer or fridge for about 10-15 minutes, until hardened. Cut into bars or squares.
Follow directions through step 2. One set, place the bars in the freezer in a freezer safe bag or container. Store for up to 3 months.
Remove the desired number of bars from freezer. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or warm slightly in the microwave.