A few nights ago we made our own pizza at home from scratch. Thanks to the good ‘ol bread machine, we had enough dough to make 3 pizzas! My husband and I each made our own and customized it how we wanted it. Since we had a lot of dough left over, we made a third and just froze it for future lunches. It was a fun dinner to make together and we both were really pleased with how yummy our pizza turned out. The only change we will make in the future is to roll the dough out a little thinner but I foresee this recipe being a staple in our home.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Made in a Bread Machine
Ingredients: (Recipe from Food.com)
1 1/3 cups water
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons yeast
- Place ingredients in bread machine according to the machine’s instructions
- Start the dough cycle (mine takes 2 hr 20 min so allow some time)
- Afte dough is done, separate into two or three mounds depending on how big you want your pizzas to be. The dough can make two 14 inch pizzas or 8 inch pizzas.
- Roll dough out on floured surface to desired thickness. (Next time around we will roll ours thinner- probably to less than 1/4 thick)
- Lightly brush with olive oil and add toppings. At this point you can hold this dough with just olive oil by covering it with plastic wrap and refrigerating it for a few hours if you need to.
- Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes.
Toppings We Used:
Mozzarella and pepperjack cheese
Sliced green peppers
Pepperoni from our favorite pizza place
Like I said before, you can make extra pizza, let it cool, then freeze it for future meals.
Check out some other yummy bread machine recipes we have in our recipe index!Pin It