Guest post by Wendy from Following in His Footsteps
This recipe came about recently after I found a Loaded Baked Potato Salad on Pinterest and made it for my family. We enjoyed it so much that we began brainstorming ideas for other potato salads we could make. With summer right around the corner, I think this is a great idea! My son suggested that we could perhaps create a sweet potato salad, and this delicious concoction of sweet potatoes, pecans, orange juice, and brown sugar was born! I do hope you will enjoy it as much as we did.
Roasted Sweet Potato & Pecan Salad with Brown Sugar & Orange Juice Dressing
3 large sweet potatoes or about 3 lbs.
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
Instructions for Potatoes:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel sweet potatoes and dice into cubes about 1-2 inches square.
3. Arrange sweet potatoes evenly on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Stir with spatula to coat and be sure the potatoes are spread evenly again. Place baking sheet in oven.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until potatoes are just done. Add pecans, stir, and set aside.
Instructions for Dressing:
1. Heat orange juice until hot.
2. Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
3. Pour mixture carefully over salad, until distributed evenly. Do not add all of the dressing or the salad will be too moist! Feel free to make the dressing available when serving for anyone who may prefer to add more before enjoying the dish.
4. Enjoy with a crisp salad and a grilled chicken breast. Delish!
Wendy is a homeschooling mama to five who loves to encourage others along the homeschooling journey. She also considers herself a ‘foodie’ and is always ready to try a new recipe in the kitchen. You will find Wendy writing about homeschooling, food, and other life events on her blog, Following in His Footsteps. She has also recently begun a new venture with Southern Test Kitchen. Wendy is a brand new allergy-friendly recipes contributor over at Managing Your Blessings, so be sure to look for her recipes in the coming months! Be sure to visit and connect with her on Facebook and Twitter, too!
- 3 large sweet potatoes (approximately 3 pounds)
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes and dice into cubes about 1-2 inches square.
- Arrange sweet potatoes evenly on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Stir with spatula to coat. Be sure the potatoes are spread evenly again. Place baking sheet in oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until potatoes are done. Add pecans, stir, and set aside.
- Heat orange juice until hot.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Pour mixture carefully over salad, until evenly distributed. Do not add all of the dressing or the salad will be too moist!
- Enjoy with a crisp salad and grilled chicken.