Every mother has their fair share of poop stories (what a fun way to start a blog post, huh?). But seriously, you get moms talking on this topic and the horror stories of blowouts, horribly timed leaky diapers, being found altogether diaperless in a public place, bathtub floaters, and other unmentionables come flowing out. No pun intended. I’m tempted to share my story that my husband and I call “Poopocalypse” but I’ve already shared one too many poo stores in the past month (see this post if you are interested in that one). I find you a little strange if you clicked on that. ANYWAY… I recently had the opportunity to try out Target’s up & up line of diapers and wipes.
Here are some factoids about them: Diapers
- New cotton-enhanced dryness layer provides quicker absorption & is softer on the baby’s skin
- Newborn through size 2 diapers include a wetness indicator
- Comfort features include cotton enhanced core and soft hypoallergenic liners
- Soft Stretch waist and sides make for a perfect fit
My review: I must admit, if someone were to have put these in my nursery from day one, I probably would have been faithfully using them. I am highly motivated by saving a buck. They worked great. I particularly liked how secure they fastened in the front AND the stretch waist.
- up & up wipes are made with botanic fibers blended with cotton creating an absorbent, ultra-soft and durable wipe
- Botanic fibers are made from 100% plant-based materials derived from trees grown in sustainably managed forests
- Wipes are gentle enough to use on baby’s face and hands (alcohol free)
- Available in Sensitive, Unscented, and Scented variants
- Individually packaged with flip top lids for ease of use.
My review: Coming fresh off a day full of dirty (and I MEAN dirty) diapers, I can confidently say that these bad boys did the trick. In my opinion, a good wipe is thick and has a little “grip” to it. I won’t go into detail why that is needed… up & up wipes fit the bill for both of my wipe qualifications. I sound snoody saying that but a mom has got to be snoody when it comes to the wipes she uses. A cheapo brand will not cut it. Anyway, I’m happy that I got to try out the up & up brand and honestly can say I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.
Now the part you’ve been waiting for… A GIVEAWAY! Oh, how we love to give our faithful readers, friends and family (hi mom) fun things like $100 Target GiftCards. Want one? Yes, I bet you do. I want one. Can I enter my own giveaway? Probably not.
Anyway, back to you. You can win one $100 Target GiftCard! What a fun shopping trip that would be, right? It’s super easy to enter. Simply answer this question for a chance to win: Where is a funny place you’ve had to change a diaper? If you don’t have a good response for that, answer: Where would be the worst place to be found diaperless? I very much look forward to giggling at your answers to these questions.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/22/2014 – 11/22/2014.