Meal planning is SO worth your time. You’ll find that having a plan in place saves you time, money, and helps you eat healthier throughout the week. That’s why we’re excited to announce some upgrades to our weekly menu plans that we think you’ll find helpful. Here’s what you’ll notice starting next week:
- We are going to start posting the menu plans on Fridays, to give you more time to plan ahead for the following week. The plan will run from Monday-Sunday of each week.
- We plan to partner with our local Hy-Vee Stores of Columbia (Missouri) to create menu plans that include sale items to save our local friends money each week. (This won’t affect those of you who don’t live near us, though, so don’t fret.)
Maybe you wonder why we describe our menu plans as “real food meets reality”. It’s because we believe the best food you can feed yourself and your family is homemade food made from ingredients that you recognize. Real food is food that isn’t processed, but instead is closest to it’s whole form as possible. But, like you, we live the reality of busy lives. So we try to balance cooking at home with real ingredients with taking some help from the store at other times.
You’ll also find that in our menu plans we try to help you make good use of your time by providing tips for doubling and freezing meals to use at other times. If you’d like to learn more about Freezer Cooking and to find our healthy recipes, start HERE.
- Hearty Vegetable Soup
- whole grain baguette (from the bakery)
*Hint: Double and freeze the second batch before cooking for another dinner later.
Wednesday: Breakfast for Dinner
Clean out the fridge or freezer night
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken over brown rice (Hint: make extra rice for Sunday)
- Guacamole with tortilla chips and raw vegetable sticks
- pineapple chunks
Saturday: Game Day!
- Super Sloppy Joes* on wheat buns (try making your own buns)
- corn on the cob (try the easy microwave trick or grilling trick)
*Hint: Double and freeze the second batch after cooking for another dinner later.