Looking for a incredibly simple side dish for the holidays? Although these boiled baby (or new) potatoes take very little work and ingredients, they look stunning and will please everyone at the table. I also make these for weeknight meals along with dishes such as Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken Tenders, Slow Cooker Balsamic Shredded Beef, and Grilled Balsamic Herb Chicken.
The key to making these baby potatoes look appetizing and festive is finding an assortment of blue, red, and yellow baby potatoes. I see these all over the place now, even at Aldi and Walmart. The dried parsley flakes also add a little pop of color that add to the holiday feel.
I’ve given a range on the seasonings, so you will have to taste and adjust to your liking. It’s hard to mess these up, though. You won’t believe how easy and delicious these Boiled Baby Potatoes are!
- 1½ pounds baby potatoes (preferably an assortment of red, blue, and yellow)
- 2+ tablespoons butter
- 1-2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes, crushed in hand
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season well with salt. If your potatoes are not bite-sized, then cut them in half. Boil the potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Toss potatoes with butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley flakes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.