It’s no secret that I am a muffin lover. I love that they are easy to make, easy to eat anytime of the day, and easy to freeze.
When these Blueberry Power Muffins were suggested by my friend Noelle as a recipe to make in my freezer club, I was excited to give them a try.
They have an A+ list of ingredients that make my body happy yet still maintain lots of flavor which makes my taste buds happy.
Oh, and they made my kids happy.
All of this makes me happy.
Noelle mentioned that she likes to add a splash of milk or almond milk to lighten up the texture a bit.
It’s also worth mentioning that I like to bake with White Whole Wheat Flour to keep things from getting too dense. However, these totally work with just whole wheat flour too.
I foresee making this recipe a staple in my home for a long time. Because, well, they make me happy.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup plain oats
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat to 350 degrees F. Coat muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder & soda, and salt.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine yogurt, honey, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Fold yogurt mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Scoop into greased muffin tins (about ¾ full) and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Follow recipe as directed and let muffins cool.
Wrap frozen muffin a moist paper towel and microwave in 30 second increments until it is warmed through.
Make sure to check out our other muffin recipes here!