Have you ever picked up and read the back of the salad dressing bottles in the grocery story?
Let me tell you. It’s just weird. Would you ever want to dump soybean oil, potassium sorbate (?) or calcium disodium EDTA (?), for example, on your carefully prepared greens? Me neither. Plus, most of the time, the dressings I buy pale in taste comparison to a homemade version.
Honestly, it takes just a few minutes to make a jar of dressing that lasts for weeks in the fridge. This Balsamic Parmesan Salad Dressing is my default homemade dressing and has been for years. It’s a deeply flavorful yet versatile vinaigrette that our entire family loves.
Don’t have balsamic vinegar on hand? Substitute red wine vinegar and you’ve got a perfect Olive Garden fake-out dressing!
ht: My mom for this recipe
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- ⅔ cup finely and freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Put first five ingredients in a container with a lid and shake.
- Add Parmesan cheese and shake again.
- Store in fridge. Shake well before using.