I’ve made this Avacado Basil Pasta recipe twice already. It’s so yummy! The second time I made it, I modified the original recipe by using whole wheat pasta and a few little seasoning modifications. (The picture is from the first time I made it without the whole wheat if you’re confused.)
It’s a really easy recipe to throw together and can be modified easily according to your taste preference or what you have on hand.
It’s also a great summer dinner for groups. You can even halve this recipe for just one person! Enjoy
- 8 ounces of whole wheat pasta.
- 2 medium avocados peeled and diced
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese. (I used parmesan and it worked fine)
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine avocado, bacon, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Add the hot pasta and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and serve.