Need a 25-minute four-ingredient dish for dinner that everyone will love? Baked Cheesy Spinach Tortellini is it!
Baked Cheesy Spinach Tortellini is a vegetarian spin-off of my Baked Beef Ravioli. It’s meatless but oh-so-filling. Plus, it’s also a great way to use up leftover frozen or fresh spinach and sneak in more nutrition into some comfort food. Using only four ingredients, you’ve got a family-pleaser for sure.
- 1 package (16 oz.) cheese tortellini, cooked al dente (I use Trader Joe’s)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (approximately 28 oz.; I like Newman’s Own Marinara)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped (or ½ cup frozen spinach, defrosted, drained and chopped)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese and/or Italian mix cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- Boil cheese tortellini until al dente (about 2 minutes), according to package directions.
- Spread thin layer of sauce into bottom of baking dish. Arrange half of the cooked tortellini over the sauce. Top tortellini with ½ of sauce, spinach, mozzarella cheese, and Italian cheese.
- Repeat layers again, ending with the last of the cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until edges are bubbly and top is golden brown.
Prepare the casserole normally and stop before baking. Freeze in an airtight freezable container.
When ready to bake, thaw 24-48 hours in the fridge or use the defrost setting in the microwave. Bake according to directions. If casserole is still somewhat frozen, you will have to bake it 10-15 minutes longer. If it starts to get too brown on top, cover with foil.