It’s not often I get addicted to a salad and can’t stop eating it. But, I did with this Garden Greek Salad. (Oh, and this one, too.) Who doesn’t want to be addicted to veggies?!?
You can make this simple salad almost any way you like it. Here’s another version I made this week when I was out of mozzarella but had cucumbers on hand.
The simplicity of the dressing highlights the freshness of the produce this time of year and lends some sweetness, as well. So, load up on the Garden Greek Salad and pat yourself on the back when you binge on this dish!
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered as needed
- 1 bell pepper, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 cucumber (or 1 bell pepper of a different color), cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 small ball of fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-sized chunks
- a handful of fresh herbs (I prefer basil and parsley)
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss all ingredients together and serve.
- If it sits in the refrigerator for a little bit, the flavors get even better!