Avocado Toast is so simple that it almost doesn’t feel worthy of a post. When I feel my body itching for some nutrition and I’m not wanting to munch on my kids’ lunch scraps, this is often what I end up making.
I mean, can I even call it a recipe?
You can probably get the gist of it by looking at the picture: Squish up some avocado, add a touch of salt and pepper and spread it over some toasted bread.
It comes together fast and can be customized depending on what your in the mood for that day. If you’re feeling crazy, fry up and egg and put it on top of your avocado toast. Only if you’re feeling crazy though.Print
This delicious 3 minute Avocado Toast is fast and delicious. What better way to start your day?
- 2 pieces whole wheat bread (or gluten-free bread)
- 1 ripe avocado
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- olive oil
- While bread is toasting, place your avocado in a mixing bowl, smash it with fork, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread the avocado over your toasted bread and drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top, if desired.
- Other Variations:
- Fry two eggs (we prefer over medium) and place on top of avocado toast.
- Slice fresh tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and place on top of avocado toast.
The possibilities are endless!