Everybody loves a good meatball! These delicious, moist ones may get eaten before they ever make it atop spaghetti or a sub sandwich. You’ll want to make this baked version of meatballs again and again.
- 1 ½ lb ground beef (This is where we get our favorite grass-fed ground beef.*)
- 1 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Make It Now:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Using clean hands, gently combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Use a medium dough scooper or a spoon to scoop and then roll about 1 1/2 inch meatballs. Line up meatballs on the sheet pan, leaving room between each.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside (160 degrees internal temperature).
- Optional: Serve with marinara sauce over pasta or on a sub sandwich.
Freeze For Later: Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Then, complete Steps 2 and 3. At this point, flash freeze uncooked meatballs by placing on a rimmed sheet pan or baking dish in the freezer for about an hour or so. Once frozen, dump meatballs in a gallon-sized freezer bag, seal, and place in freezer. Prepare From Frozen: Thaw meatballs using one of these safe thawing methods. Cook according to instructions, beginning with Step 4.