If you follow me on Pinterest you have probably noticed a theme in all of my most recent pins: bread machine recipes! You can probably conclude from my new found interest in bread that I finally got my own bread machine.
I wanted to share a bread machine recipe that turned out to be SO GOOD. Not only did this bread smell super yummy as it was baking but we discovered that it makes the BEST FRENCH TOAST EVER.
I don’t know if we can ever go back to normal french toast after using this bread recipe. Both my husband and my 1.5 year old gobbled it up for dinner and wanted the same thing for breakfast the next morning.
I also tried it with some strawberry jam and discovered it was great with that, too.
Cherry Yogurt Bread might be a regular in our house from now on. I’m going to have to make another loaf of this and freeze it for future french toast making.Print
Try this delicious, moist bread that’s a cinch to throw together in your bread machine. It’s even fantastic for french toast!
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cherry yogurt (preferably organic)
- 1/4 cup all-natural applesauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or unrefined cane sugar)
- 3 cups white bread flour (Notes: I used all-purpose flour and it worked fine. I also have subbed one cup of white flour with wheat flour and it still turned out yummy with no noticeable flavor change.)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 teaspoons fast rising yeast OR 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients and bake according to your bread machine’s instructions. Be ready to make more because your family will want it!
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Bake bread according to your machine’s instructions. Let cool completely. Slice (or leave the whole loaf) and put in freezer safe bag or container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Let bread thaw in refrigerator overnight or warm in microwave or toaster.