This DIY, natural cleaning spray is a great way I’ve been using my essential oils for cleaning. Just like the carpet/room freshener I previously shared about, I love the simplicity of what is in the product and oh-my-gracious, how I love the smell. Best thing about it is, it SAFE.
Here’s how to make your own Citrus Cleaning Spray
What you need:
- 1 16oz glass spray bottle (get it here)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- 15 drops orange essential oil
- a drop of liquid dish soap (optional: this keeps the oils from staying on top of the water)
Add all ingredients into glass bottle and shake thoroughly. DONE!
Some other oil combinations I plan on trying to make cleaning spray from:
- 15 drops each of Lavender and Lemon
- 10 drops each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, and Orange
If you’re interested in learning more about essential oils, swing by my post Essential Oils: A Beginner’s Guide.
Lastly, make sure to check out our other homemade household products for safe and natural cleaning.