DIY Stainless Steel Cleaner with just one simple ingredient: olive oil!
- olive oil
- paper towels
- Wipe off any major caked-on grime using a rag.
- Pour about a tablespoon or so of olive oil on a folded paper towel. You don’t want too much oil or you’ll leave streaks on the fridge. But you want enough to do the job. You may have to experiment a bit.
- Wipe the fridge or appliance “with the grain” of the steel. By that I mean, look for what direction the metal seems to naturally go. For my fridge, I started at the top and pulled all the way to the bottom and did this all the way across the fridge. This stroking method worked better than using a circular motion, which left some streaks. For my dishwasher, I went side to side.
- You may have to reload your paper towel once or twice with more oil to cover the whole surface.
- Wipe off any excess oil using a dry paper towel.