Fluffy eggs and bacon are a classic, easy breakfast that will bring the whole family together for the more important meal of the day.
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup baking mix (I used Bisquick)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt,
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Set aside and crumble it up once it has cooled.
- Wipe out most of the bacon grease but use a tad of the remaining grease to saute the diced onion and bell pepper until they begin to soften.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients, and stir until well combined.
- Pour mix into a greased 9×13 baking dish
- Bake at 375 for about 35 minutes uncovered until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
To Freeze: Follow all of the directions right up until baking. Cover and freeze.
To Prepare: Let thaw in refrigerator 24 hours and then bake at 375 for about 35 minutes uncovered.