Thinking about hosting a freezer meal cooking party soon? We’ve got you covered. These freezer meal recipes for cooking parties or freezer clubs are tried and true. They come together fast, they are made with real, whole ingredients, they are tasty, and of course, they are all freezer friendly.
Getting geared up for back to school is the perfect time to throw a freezer cooking party with some friends or neighbors. I’m even making it super simple for you by providing the motivation (see video below) AND a FREE freezer meal cooking party plan. In fact, I’m giving you the recipes we used in the video.
Watch Our Freezer Cooking Party on Show Me St. Louis
So here’s the backstory on this Show Me St. Louis story. We did a live segment on their show about a year ago. The reporter, Dana Dean, later reached out to us about doing a more in depth story on freezer cooking parties. Um, yes!
In the video you’ll find my mom and sister as well as some long time college friends. It was so fun to do this in St. Louis with them!
I picked the six recipes below for this freezer meal party for a few reasons:
- They needed to be super simple. I mean, we were on camera!
- They needed to be super quick. Some of the gals only had an hour or so and there were many babysitters employed to make this happen. Time is money, my friends. These had to come together FAST.
- They needed to be family friendly. Every person there (with the exception of my mom) had a slew of kids that these meals would be feeding. They needed to be simple but tasty!
As you’ll see, a lot of these recipes come from our cookbook, From Freezer to Table. If you don’t have the book (um, why not!?) I have tried to provide a similar alternative that you can find in our recipe archives.
Freezer Cooking Party Recipes We Used
- Family Favorite Meatballs (From Freezer to Table, pg. 96) Similar Recipe: Baked Italian Meatballs
- Cilantro Lime Chicken (From Freezer to Table, pg. 68) Similar Recipe: Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken)
- Peaches and Cream Baked Oatmeal (From Freezer to Table, pg. 51) Similar Recipe: Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal)
- Ham and Swiss Glazed Paninis (From Freezer to Table, pg. 120) Similar Recipe: Ham and Swiss Sliders
- Grilled Balsamic Herb Chicken (Blog Recipe)
- Tortilla Soup (Blog Recipe)
If you’re ready to dive in, we have an entire series on How to Throw a Freezer Cooking Party on our blog. Enjoy!