Healthy chocolate coconut cookies are delicious flavor packed in every bite.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour (I find this at Trader Joe’s in baking aisle)
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup hot water, almost to a boil
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two cookie sheets with cooking spray or line with foil or parchment paper.
- Whisk together flours, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Next, combine sugar, oil, and vanilla using a hand-held or standing mixer. Add 1/2 of water and 1/2 of flour mixture and mix briefly until combined. Add the last of the water and flour mixture and mix again just until combined.
- Finally, add the shredded coconut and mix one last time until fully combined (don’t over mix).
- Scoop about a tablespoon of batter per cookie onto to the cookie sheets, spreading them about 1-2 inches apart. Wet the spoon and lightly press each cookie down with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, just until set. Do not over bake or they will become dry.
- Let cool for 2 minutes on sheet before transferring to a plate or your mouth. 🙂