This healthy peanut butter cup smoothie has a Reese’s taste, but none of the additives and unknown ingredients. Your family will love this dreamy treat!
- 1 cup plain organic yogurt or kefir
- 1 1/2 cups organic milk (I recommend 2% or whole which I think gives it a richness)
- 1/3 cup 100% cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-natural organic peanut butter (make sure it’s just straight-up peanuts with no additives)
- 1/3 cup honey (preferably use raw honey)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla (don’t be fooled by imitation vanilla–pay for the real stuff)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I use kosher salt since even table salt has additives; do not add salt if your PB is salted)
- 3 cups ice (use more ice if needed until it’s the icy consistency you like)
- optional: banana (this would make it more banana-flavored obviously)
- Put all ingredients in blender except ice. Blend until well combined. Add one cup of ice at a time and blend until smooth.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Blend all smoothie contents together until desired consistency. Place smoothie in a glass jar or other freezer-safe container. Store in freezer for up to 3 months.
Remove smoothie from blender. Let thaw at room temperature until it reaches a desired consistency. You can also re-blend the smoothie.
Cooking Note: I stuck our extra in the freezer and then blended it later. It turned out to be an even better consistency after being slightly frozen and re-blended!