- steel cut oats
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
optional: dried fruit of your choice
- Put some foil in the bottom of your slow cooker to protect it from cracking.
- Place a heat-resistant bowl (I used another crock pot insert from my little crock) in the bottom of my larger crock pot.
- Spray the heat-resistant bowl with cooking spray to help with clean up later.
- Combine 1 cup of steel cut oats and 4 1/2 cups water (or more or less depending on the consistency you like; you might want to experiment). You can also add 1-2 tablespoons butter, a dash of salt, and a 1/2 cup of dried fruit, if you like.
- Pour enough water in the bottom of the slow cooker so that it rises halfway up the outside of the heat-resistant bowl.
- Place the lid of the large crock on. Cook on LOW for about 8 hours.