A sweet treat you can feel a good about!
- 1/3 C almond or peanut butter (or your favorite plain nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil or line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In medium glass bowl, melt and whisk together the nut butter and coconut oil. Add sugar, milk, egg, and vanilla and whisk in bowl until very smooth.
- In separate larger bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Then, combine wet and dry ingredients just until mixed.
- Drop about 1 tablespoon of batter per cookie, leaving room between cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until no longer doughy. Do not expect them to get very brown.