This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Who doesn’t love some chocolate pudding every now and then? But, every time I read the labels on the pudding packs at the store, I cringe. That’s why I was intrigued by this super easy, real food recipe.
You are not going to believe this, but it’s true. I just made the best, real-tasting chocolate pudding from three healthy, real food ingredients.
Sounds weird, huh? But, I’m here to testify that if you put these three things in your food processor and process the snot out of them, it turns into smooth, sweet, chocolaty pudding that does NOT taste like avocado.
My kids will wake up from naps in a few minutes and will get to taste. That will be the real test. Stay tuned for an update on this post for kid results.
Update: Kid results after naps–The 4-year-old really loved the first few bites, but gave up after that. (It is pretty rich.) The 2-year-old ate the whole bowl and loved it.
Looking for more great fake-outs? Here are 50 ways to sneak fruits and vegetables into kids’ favorites!
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1/4 cup honey (raw honey, if you have it)
- 1 large ripe avocado
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Cut open avocado and scoop insides into a blender or food processor. Add cocoa powder and honey.
- Blend on low to medium speed until the ingredients are fully incorporated. May need to use a spatula and wipe down inside of blender for any excess honey or cocoa powder that’s not fully mixed.
- Serve cold or room temperature.