Who doesn’t love some chocolate pudding every now and then? But, every time I read the labels on the pudding packs at the store, I cringe. That’s why I was intrigued by Katie Kimball’s idea at Kitchen Stewardship called Chocomole.
You are not going to believe this, but it’s true. Using her recipe, I just made the best, real-tasting chocolate pudding from three healthy, real food ingredients.
Sounds weird, huh? But, I’m here to testify that if you put these three things in your food processor and process the snot out of them, it turns into smooth, sweet, chocolaty pudding that does NOT taste like avocado.
My kids will wake up from naps in a few minutes and will get to taste. That will be the real test. Stay tuned for an update on this post for kid results.
Update: Kid results after naps–The 4-year-old really loved the first few bites, but gave up after that. (It is pretty rich.) The 2-year-old ate the whole bowl and loved it.
Looking for more great fake-outs? Here are 50 ways to sneak fruits and vegetables into kids’ favorites!
This three-ingredient pudding tastes fantastic and is such a healthy alternative to store bought pudding. Try it as your next healthy dessert.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey (raw honey, if you have it)
- 1 whole avocado – See more at: https://thrivinghomeblog.com/2011/09/holy-chocomole-or-the-proof-is-in-the-pudding/#sthash.9r3y92ly.dpuf
- Cut open avocado and scoop insides in to blender.
- Add cocoa powder and honey to blender.
- Blend on low to medium speed until the ingredients are fully incorporated. May need to use a spatula and wipe down inside of blender for any excess honey or cocoa powder that’s not fully mixed.