These thrifty and healthy versions of oatmeal packets are a lifesaver! They’re easy to assemble and completely adaptable to what varieties your family prefers.
- 1/3 cup instant oats
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic dried milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground flaxseed (optional)
- cocoa powder
- mini chocolate chips
- dried fruit, chopped into bite-sized pieces (i.e. raisins, craisins, goji berries, dried bananas, apples, blueberries, apricots, mangoes, papaya)
- nuts (walnuts, sliced almonds, peanuts, etc)
- seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, etc)
- shredded coconut
To make bags:
- Combine all ingredients in a Ziploc bag, seal well, and store in pantry for up to 3-4 weeks.
To prepare oatmeal:
- Dump ingredients into a bowl. Pour about 1/2 cup boiling water over the top. Stir and then keep adding water until desired thickness. Add fresh, sliced fruit, if desired.