This instant breakfast sandwich takes only a couple of minutes and is much better tasting and better for you than one from the drive thru window!
- 1 whole wheat English Muffin (I find mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, preferably organic or local
- splash of milk
- cooking spray
- 1/2 piece of cheddar cheese
- optional: 1 piece of ham or cooked bacon
- Toast the English muffin and spread butter on the inside of both pieces.
- Spray a small microwave-safe glass bowl/storage container with cooking spray. (The small Pyrex ones are great.) Crack egg into bowl. Add a splash of milk. Whisk until combined.
- Microwave egg for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds. If it isn’t done, then nuke in 15 second increments until it is. It’s important not to overcook the egg or else it gets tough.
- Tear the cheese into pieces and put some on each side of the toasted muffin. Add the egg. Add ham or bacon, if you want. Allow a minute for the cheese to melt and enjoy!