Pumpkin Spices Scones are the flavor of fall meets perfect pastry amazingness.
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 Cup buttermilk (I used whole milk and it turned out fine)
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon sugar (recipe below)
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- In large bowl combine flours, sugar, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Cut in butter until course crumbs form
- Add pumpkin and buttermilk. Fold in gently until combined.
- Turn dough out on floured surface until it comes together (2-3 times)
- Roll into 1 inch thickness
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Cut into squares or desired shape.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Cool before serving. Add frosting if desired (recommended).
- Cinnamon Sugar:
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon with 5 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2-1 Cup powdered sugar mixed with 1/2-1 Tablespoon milk. Mix until desired consistency