Here’s how our family greets most mornings of the week…
…with a Super Food Smoothie. It’s such an easy, tasty way to start your day with several servings of fruits, vegetables, and lots of fiber.
Here’s the approximate Super Food Smoothie recipe, but feel free to experiment with what you have on hand. I usually just add more banana, fruit, or juice to sweeten it up if needed.Print
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup 100% cranberry juice
- 1/2–1 cup organic plain yogurt (I use Stonyfield Organic Plain Yogurt)
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree (or leftover baked sweet potato)
- 1–2 cups organic baby spinach (I’ve found it is almost tasteless in the smoothie)
- 2 cups frozen mango, pineapple, organic peaches (I use a mixture of whatever frozen fruit we have on hand)
- 1/2–1 cup frozen organic berries (Our favorites are blueberries and strawberries.)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed Why eat flaxseed?
- Put the first six ingredients (OJ through spinach) in the blender and blend until smooth. Then, add the frozen fruit and blend until smooth. Add more liquid if needed. Add more banana, fruit, juice, or honey, if you prefer it sweeter.
- Serving Size: Makes: 4 big servings
Cheers to the best way to start your day!