This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Our weekly menu plan is here to help you save time, and money, and eat healthier. We hope you find some dinnertime inspiration! Shop the Hy-Vee sales through August 20 and enjoy your meals from August 21-27.
Sponsored by Hy-Vee (Columbia)
What You’ll Find on Our Weekly Menu Plan
- Recipes You’ll Love: Our family-friendly recipes are simple and made with recognizable, real food ingredients. Pick and choose what works for you.
- Top Weekly Sales: Don’t waste time scouring the sales. We’ve done it for you! Our menu plan is based around the top real food (no junk!) sale items we find at Hy-Vee that week, so you can save money by shopping smartly. If you don’t have a Hy-Vee, no sweat. Our plan will still work great!
- Stock Up and Save: To save even more money, stock up on those hot Hy-Vee deals and store them for later using our instructions.
- Freezer-Friendly Recipes: We’ve flagged freezer-friendly recipes ( * ) that include freezing instructions. Pick 1 or 2 of these recipes per week to double (doesn’t take much more time at all) and then enjoy one for dinner and throw one in the freezer for later. This is a super smart meal prep hack!
Top Hy-Vee Sales This Week
All Hy-Vee sales below run from 8.14.23 through 8.20.23 unless otherwise specified.
- Hy-Vee Choice Reserve boneless beef New York strip steak, $6.99/each (12 oz.) Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly, and store in freezer for up to 9 months.
- Fresh pork tenderloin, $2.99/lb. Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly, and store in freezer for up to 9 months.
- Cucumbers, $.75/each Stock Up and Save: Wipe moisture off, then wrap in a paper towel. Place the wrapped cucumber in a sealed plastic bag and store on a shelf in the refrigerator. Depending on the freshness of the cucumber, this method can keep the cucumber crisp for up to 2 weeks! (Have you tried our Easy Tzatziki Sauce? It’s good on a variety of meats or as a dip for veggie sticks and pita chips.)
- Red, yellow or orange peppers, 4/$5 Stock Up and Save: Wash, dry, slice or chop, and freeze on baking sheet. Transfer to a freezer-safe container for up to 8 months.
- Jennie-O ground turkey, $3.88/each (16 oz. roll) Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly, and store in freezer for up to 9 months.
Get Our Menu Plans Sent to Your Inbox
Weekly Menu Plan
Pro Tip: Most of our main dish recipes include freezing instructions, so you can double and freeze a batch for later.
Wednesday (Breakfast for Dinner):
- Savory Breakfast Muffins * (A great one to stock up on for busy mornings.)
- Orangesicle Smoothies * (Stock up on all 7 of our Smoothie Packs before school starts!)
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Kabobs
- Egg Fried Rice with Sweet Soy Sauce * (Make extra and freeze for easy side dishes later!)
* A freezer-friendly recipe that’s great to double and then freeze one for later. Use our freezing instructions in the recipe.
Want to stock your freezer with 6 meals in just 1 hour!?
We can help! Our 1 Hour Freezer Prep Sessions help you make 6 freezer meals in just 1 hour.