This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Our weekly menu plan is here to help you save time, and money, and eat healthier. We hope you find some dinnertime inspiration! Shop the Hy-Vee sales through August 27 and enjoy your meals from August 28-September 3.
Sponsored by Hy-Vee (Columbia)
What You’ll Find on Our Weekly Menu Plan
- Recipes You’ll Love: Our family-friendly recipes are simple and made with recognizable, real food ingredients. Pick and choose what works for you.
- Top Weekly Sales: Don’t waste time scouring the sales. We’ve done it for you! Our menu plan is based around the top real food (no junk!) sale items we find at Hy-Vee that week, so you can save money by shopping smartly. If you don’t have a Hy-Vee, no sweat. Our plan will still work great!
- Stock Up and Save: To save even more money, stock up on those hot Hy-Vee deals and store them for later using our instructions.
- Freezer-Friendly Recipes: We’ve flagged freezer-friendly recipes ( * ) that include freezing instructions. Pick 1 or 2 of these recipes per week to double (doesn’t take much more time at all) and then enjoy one for dinner and throw one in the freezer for later. This is a super smart meal prep hack!
Top Hy-Vee Sales This Week
All Hy-Vee sales below run from 8.21.23 through 8.27.23 unless otherwise specified.
- Just Bare boneless skinless chicken breasts, $3.98/each (18 oz.) Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly, and store in freezer for up to 9 months.
- Hy-Vee Choice Reserve boneless beef chuck roast, $6.99/lb. Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly, and store in freezer for up to 9 months.
- Colorado Peaches, $1.68/lb. Stock Up and Save: Wash, dry, pit, chop or slice and freeze on a baking sheet. Transfer to a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. (Read all about freezing peaches in this post and how to use up peaches with our post: 10+ Mouth-Watering Peach Recipes.)
- Sweet potatoes or Vidalia onions, $1.48/lb. Stock Up and Save: For potatoes, store in a cool, dark place for up to two weeks. For onions, peel, slice or chop, and freeze on a baking sheet. Transfer to freezer-safe container for 3-6 months.
- Kandy cantaloupe, $2.48/each Stock Up and Save: Remove skin and pulp, chop into bite-size pieces, and freeze on baking sheet. Transfer to a freezer-safe container for up 3 months.
Get Our Menu Plans Sent to Your Inbox
Weekly Menu Plan
Pro Tip: Most of our main dish recipes include freezing instructions, so you can double and freeze a batch for later.
Wednesday (Breakfast for Dinner):
- 4-Ingredient Breakfast Quesadillas * (Inspired by TikTok!)
- Tropical Smoothies * (Try adding in some of the peaches that are on sale. )
- Cancer-Fighting Soup * (This soup uses up lots of veggies including zucchini.)
- Salad with Parmesan Balsamic Dressing
- French Dip Sandwiches * (Slow Cooker and Instant Pot directions.)
- Garlicky Green Beans
- Grilled Peaches
* A freezer-friendly recipe that’s great to double and then freeze one for later. Use our freezing instructions in the recipe.
Want to stock your freezer with 6 meals in just 1 hour!?
We can help! Our 1 Hour Freezer Prep Sessions help you make 6 freezer meals in just 1 hour.