This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Our weekly menu plan is here to help you save time, and money, and eat healthier. We hope you find some dinnertime inspiration! Shop the Hy-Vee sales through September 24 and enjoy your meals from September 25-October 1.
Sponsored by Hy-Vee (Columbia)
What You’ll Find on Our Weekly Menu Plan
- Recipes You’ll Love: Our family-friendly recipes are simple and made with recognizable, real food ingredients. Pick and choose what works for you.
- Top Weekly Sales: Don’t waste time scouring the sales. We’ve done it for you! Our menu plan is based around the top real food (no junk!) sale items we find at Hy-Vee that week, so you can save money by shopping smartly. If you don’t have a Hy-Vee, no sweat. Our plan will still work great!
- Stock Up and Save: To save even more money, stock up on those hot Hy-Vee deals and store them for later using our instructions.
- Freezer-Friendly Recipes: We’ve flagged freezer-friendly recipes ( * ) that include freezing instructions. Pick 1 or 2 of these recipes per week to double (doesn’t take much more time at all) and then enjoy one for dinner and throw one in the freezer for later. This is a super smart meal prep hack!
Top Hy-Vee Sales This Week
All Hy-Vee sales below run from 9.18.23 through 9.24.23 unless otherwise specified.
- Hy-vee fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts, $1.88/lb. Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly, and store in freezer for up to 9 months.
- Hy-Vee Choice Reserve boneless beef bottom round roast, $5.99/lb. Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly, and store in freezer for up to 9 months.
- Fresh rainforest tilapia fillet, $7.99/lb. Stock Up and Save: Store in freezer until indicated date on package.
- Full Circle Market organic broth, 2/$5 (32 oz.) Stock Up and Save: Store in pantry until indicated date on package. (Have you tried making your own Chicken broth)
- Hy-Vee One Step russet potatoes, $2.99/each (5 lb.) Stock Up and Save: Store in cool, dark place for up to two weeks.
Get Our Menu Plans Sent to Your Inbox
Weekly Menu Plan
Pro Tip: Most of our main dish recipes include freezing instructions, so you can double and freeze a batch for later.
Wednesday (Breakfast for Dinner):
- Cilantro Lime Chicken * (Four ways to cook it!)
- Mexican Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- French Dip * (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Dark Chocolate Coffee Cookies * (Have you tried freezing cookie dough?)
* A freezer-friendly recipe that’s great to double and then freeze one for later. Use our freezing instructions in the recipe.
Want to stock your freezer with 6 meals in just 1 hour!?
We can help! Our 1 Hour Freezer Prep Sessions help you make 6 freezer meals in just 1 hour.