The theme of this week’s menu plan is, “Stock your freezer for back to school.” Every recipe we’ve selected can easily be doubled and frozen for a meal down the road. Make sure to follow our Facebook and/or Instagram accounts for more ideas all month long!
Our free Weekly Menu Plan is here to help you save time and money, eat healthier, and bring your family together around the table. Even if you don’t live near a Hy-Vee, you can still use our plan for the meal ideas. Here’s what you’ll find…
- Recipes You’ll Love: Our family-friendly recipes are simple and made with recognizable, real food ingredients. Pick and choose what works for you.
- Top 5 Weekly Sales: Don’t waste time scouring the sales. We’ve done it for you! Our menu plan is based around the Top 5 real food (no junk!) sale items we find at Hy-Vee that week, so you can save money by shopping smartly. If you don’t have a Hy-Vee, no sweat. Our plan will still work great!
- Stock Up and Save: To save even more money, stock up on those Top 5 hot Hy-Vee deals and store them for later using our instructions.
Sponsored by Hy-Vee (Columbia)
All sales run through 8.20.19 unless otherwise specified.
Driscoll’s Raspberries, $1.88/6 oz., Stock Up and Save: Freeze on baking sheet. Transfer to storage bag and freeze for 9-12 months.
Hy-Vee Eggs, $.49/dozen, Stock Up and Save: Refrigerate until indicated expiration date.
Ground Beef, $2.38/lb., Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly and freeze for up to 3-4 months.
Del Monte Canned Vegetables, $.98 each, Stock Up and Save: Store in the pantry.
Hy-Vee Chuck Roast, $3.99/lb., Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly and freeze for 3-4 months.
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp & Pineapple Kabobs (See short video how to make them here)
- Strawberry Avocado Salad
Wednesday (Breakfast for Dinner):
- Easy Breakfast Casserole Muffins
- Very Berry Smoothie (Download and print our Smoothie Freezer Pack Printable HERE)
- Cheeseburger Instant Pot Pasta (Download and Print our Instant Pot Cooking Times Chart HERE.)
- Green Beans