The theme of this week’s menu plan is, “Stock your freezer for back to school.” Every recipe we’ve selected can easily be doubled and frozen for a meal down the road. Make sure to follow our Facebook and/or Instagram accounts for more ideas all month long!
Our free Weekly Menu Plan is here to help you save time and money, eat healthier, and bring your family together around the table. Even if you don’t live near a Hy-Vee, you can still use our plan for the meal ideas. Here’s what you’ll find…
- Recipes You’ll Love: Our family-friendly recipes are simple and made with recognizable, real food ingredients. Pick and choose what works for you.
- Top 5 Weekly Sales: Don’t waste time scouring the sales. We’ve done it for you! Our menu plan is based around the Top 5 real food (no junk!) sale items we find at Hy-Vee that week, so you can save money by shopping smartly. If you don’t have a Hy-Vee, no sweat. Our plan will still work great!
- Stock Up and Save: To save even more money, stock up on those Top 5 hot Hy-Vee deals and store them for later using our instructions.
Sponsored by Hy-Vee (Columbia)
All sales run through 8.13.19 unless otherwise specified.
Fresh Asparagus, $1.88/lb., Stock Up and Save: Cut off ends and stand stalks up in a glass of water and cover loosely with a plastic bag for 1-2 weeks.
Fresh Ground Beef, $4.99/lb., Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly and freeze for 3-4 months.
Hy-Vee Chicken Breast, $2.99/lb., Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly and freeze for up to 9 months.
Hy-Vee Shredded Cheese 5/$10.00, Stock Up and Save: Freeze for up to 6 months.
Pork Shoulder, $1.99/lb. Stock Up and Save: Freeze for 3-4 months.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fiesta Soup (Either assemble and freeze or fully cook and freeze in small portions.)
- Fruit Salad
Wednesday (Breakfast for Dinner):
- Freezer Friendly Breakfast Burritos (Make a huge batch and freeze.)
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie (Download and print our Smoothie Freezer Pack Printable HERE)
- Instant Pot Chicken and Cheese Taquitos (Download and Print our Instant Pot Cooking Times Chart HERE.) To freeze, assemble the taquitos but do not bake. Freeze.
- Southwest Chicken and Bacon Wraps (Double the chicken and freeze uncooked in the marinade.)
- Oven Fries
- Beefy Baked Ravioli (Double the recipe OR split 1 portion into two 8×8 dishes and freeze.)
- Strawberry Avocado Salad
- Slow Cooker Killer Carnitas (Double and freeze before cooking OR freeze meat after cooking.)
- Tortilla Chips