Before perusing our menu plan, be sure to check out 10 Thanksgiving Tips Our Readers Swear By to help you start preparing for a stress-free holiday!
Our free Weekly Menu Plan is here to help you save time and money, eat healthier, and bring your family together around the table. Even if you don’t live near a Hy-Vee, you can still use our plan for the meal ideas.
Here’s what you’ll find on our weekly menu plan…
- Recipes You’ll Love: Our family-friendly recipes are simple and made with recognizable, real food ingredients. Pick and choose what works for you.
- Top Weekly Sales: Don’t waste time scouring the sales. We’ve done it for you! Our menu plan is based around the top real food (no junk!) sale items we find at Hy-Vee that week, so you can save money by shopping smartly. If you don’t have a Hy-Vee, no sweat. Our plan will still work great!
- Stock Up and Save: To save even more money, stock up on those hot Hy-Vee deals and store them for later using our instructions.
Sponsored by Hy-Vee (Columbia)
All Hy-Vee sales below run from 11.18.20 through 11.26.20 unless otherwise specified.
Dole celery $.88/each Stock Up and Save: Wash, dry, chop, and freeze on baking sheet. Transfer to a freezer container for 8-10 months.
Sweet potatoes, $.68/lb. Stock Up and Save: Store in cool, dark place for up to a month. Or freeze the puree using this Butternut Squash Puree post as a guide.
Bone-in pork shoulder roast, $1.99/lb. Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly and store in freezer for up to 9 months.
Hy-Vee oats, 10/$10 (18 oz.) Stock Up and Save: Store in pantry until indicated date on package. (Use in one of our 7 Overnight Oats recipes!)
Hy-Vee butter, $1.88/each (16 oz., limit 4) Stock Up and Save: Keep in original packaging and place in freezer container for up to 6 months. (Check out our post on freezing butter!)
Hy-Vee can corn or green beans, 10/$10 (14.25 to 15.25 oz., limit 12) Stock Up and Save: Store in pantry until indicated date on package.
Pro Tip: Most of our main dish recipes include freezing instructions, so you can double and freeze a batch for later.
Wednesday (Breakfast for Dinner):
Thursday (Happy Thanksgiving!):
- Turkey (We love this Step by Step Guide for the Best Roast Turkey by The Yummy Life.)
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes in the Instant Pot
- 10-Minute Cranberry Sauce
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup (Download and print our Instant Pot Cooking Times Chart HERE.)
- 4 Ingredient Gourmet Grilled Cheese
- Slow Cooker Crispy Carnitas (Get our Cooking Times Chart for the Slow Cooker HERE.)
- Fiesta Chopped Salad