Our free Weekly Menu Plan is here to help you save time and money, eat healthier, and bring your family together around the table. Even if you don’t live near a Hy-Vee, you can still use our plan for the meal ideas.
Here’s what you’ll find on our weekly menu plan…
- Recipes You’ll Love: Our family-friendly recipes are simple and made with recognizable, real food ingredients. Pick and choose what works for you.
- Top Weekly Sales: Don’t waste time scouring the sales. We’ve done it for you! Our menu plan is based around the top real food (no junk!) sale items we find at Hy-Vee that week, so you can save money by shopping smartly. If you don’t have a Hy-Vee, no sweat. Our plan will still work great!
- Stock Up and Save: To save even more money, stock up on those hot Hy-Vee deals and store them for later using our instructions.
Sponsored by Hy-Vee (Columbia)
All Hy-Vee sales below run from 12.16.20 through 12.22.20 unless otherwise specified.
Birds Eye frozen vegetables, $.88/each (10 to 16 oz.) Stock Up and Save: Store in freezer until indicated date on package.
Hy-Vee One Step russet potatoes, $1.98/each (5 lbs.) Stock Up and Save: Store in cool, dark place for 1-2 months.
Prime Reserve bacon-wrapped beef sirloin filet, $3.49/each (5 oz.) Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly and store in freezer for up to 9 months.
Hy-Vee fresh grade A roasting chicken, $1.49/lb. Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly and store in freezer for up to 9 months.
Green Onions, $.77/each Stock Up and Save: Wash, dry, chop, and freeze on baking sheet. Transfer to a freezer-safe container for 9-12 months. (Check out this post for more information on freezing green onions and scallions!)
Pro Tip: Most of our main dish recipes include freezing instructions, so you can double and freeze a batch for later.
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Cheese Taquitos (Get our Cooking Times Chart for the Slow Cooker HERE.)
- Brown Rice (Did you know you can freeze rice?)
Wednesday (Breakfast for Dinner):
- Spinach and Bacon Quiche
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie (Download and print our 7 Smoothie Pack recipes with shopping lists HERE.)
Thursday (Christmas Eve):
Friday (Merry Christmas!):
- Pan-Seared Steak
- Bacon and Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Cranberry Spinach Salad with Creamy Citrus Vinaigrette
- Oreo Fluff
Consider using one of our 25+ Make Ahead Christmas Breakfast ideas!
- Instant Pot Vegetarian Tortilla Soup (Download and print our Instant Pot Cooking Times Chart HERE.)
- Fresh Fruit