This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Our weekly menu plan is here to help you save time, money, and eat healthier. We hope you find some dinnertime inspiration!
Sponsored by Hy-Vee (Columbia)
What You’ll Find on Our Weekly Menu Plan
- Recipes You’ll Love: Our family-friendly recipes are simple and made with recognizable, real food ingredients. Pick and choose what works for you.
- Top Weekly Sales: Don’t waste time scouring the sales. We’ve done it for you! Our menu plan is based around the top real food (no junk!) sale items we find at Hy-Vee that week, so you can save money by shopping smartly. If you don’t have a Hy-Vee, no sweat. Our plan will still work great!
- Stock Up and Save: To save even more money, stock up on those hot Hy-Vee deals and store them for later using our instructions.
Get Our Menu Plans Sent to Your Inbox
Top Hy-Vee Sales This Week
All Hy-Vee sales below run from 9.7.22 through 9.13.22 unless otherwise specified.
Hy-Vee Choice Reserve boneless beef New York strip steak, $5.99/each (8 oz.)
Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly, and store in freezer for up to 9 months.
Hy-Vee quality deli ham or cheese, $6.99/lb.
Stock Up and Save: For deli ham, wrap tightly, and store in freezer for up to 4 months. For cheese, place wax paper between the slices, wrap tightly and store in a freezer-safe container for 3-6 months. (Read more about freezing different types of cheese HERE.)
Vidalia onions or sweet potatoes, $1.48/lb.
Stock Up and Save: For onions, peel, slice or chop, and freeze on baking sheet. Transfer to a freezer-safe container for 3-4 months. For sweet potatoes, store in a cool dark place for up to a month.
Hy-Vee True boneless skinless chicken breasts, $5.99/lb.
Stock Up and Save: Wrap tightly, and store in freezer for up to 9 months. (Do you know how long to cook fresh or frozen chicken breasts in the Instant Pot?)
Hy-Vee sour cream, 2/$4 (16 oz.)
Stock Up and Save: Store in refrigerator until indicated date on package.
Weekly Menu Plan
Pro Tip: Most of our main dish recipes include freezing instructions, so you can double and freeze a batch for later.
- Lemon Garlic Chicken (Did you know our 7 Chicken Marinades come with instructions for cooking via Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, Grill, or Oven?)
- Avocado Pasta with Basil and Bacon (Make extra bacon for Wednesday’s Quiche.)
Wednesday (Breakfast for Dinner):
- Spinach and Bacon Quiche
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins (Be sure to read this post: How to Freeze Muffins and More! to preserve any leftovers.)
- The Perfect Grilled Steak (With tips from a chef!)
- Instant Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Top any of these dishes with homemade Garlic Herb Butter
Want to stock your freezer with 6 meals in just 1 hour!?
We can help! Our 1 Hour Freezer Prep Sessions help you make 6 freezer meals in just 1 hour.