Patterned off of the Pioneer Woman’s “spreads”, you’ll love this real-food version of coconut chocolate spreads. Whole wheat flour, unsweetened coconut, and a touch of unrefined sugar will wow your eaters.
- 1 cup unrefined sugar (called turbinado sugar)
- 1 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 1 whole egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and coconut oil. Add in egg and mix together. Add flour, salt, and vanilla, and mix together well.
- Spread dough onto cookie sheet to a thickness of 1/4 to 1/2-inch.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- When the Spread is done, pull out of the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Return to oven for 1 minute. Remove and spread melted chips over the top. Sprinkle coconut evenly over the top. Cut into squares.