Patterned off of Pioneer Woman’s “spreads”, this real food version of peanut butter chocolate spreads is sure to delight your family. It uses unrefined sugar, whole wheat flour, and natural peanut butter. Delicious!
- 1 cup raw unrefined sugar (called turbinado sugar)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 whole egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter. Add in egg and mix together. Add flour, salt, and vanilla, and mix together well.
- Spread dough onto cookie sheet to a thickness of 1/4 to 1/2-inch.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- When the Spread is done, pull out of the oven and spread peanut butter evenly over the top. Then, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Return to oven for 1 minute. Remove and spread melted chips over the top. Cut into squares.