Apple Fig Walnut Tiny Tart Filling will delight your taste buds, packing a lot of flavor into a small treat.
- 2 cups chopped figs (Cut the ends off and rough chop I used the beautiful ‘brown turkey’ variety.)
- 2 peeled, cored, and chopped apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a splash of vanilla extract
- Chop and mix fruit and walnuts.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well.
- Roll out pastry dough and measure your pie circles. Be sure and use the wide-mouth mason jars for an easier time filling.
- Press dough in and fill.
- Measure your top using the mason seal. Either press the top on or fork press it like I did for a rustic look. Cut a a design on the top for venting during baking.
- At this point you can put the lid on for freezing, or if baking right away, brush a little heavy cream on the top (optional) and sprinkle a little sugar over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.