This make-ahead blueberry muffin overnight oats recipe takes just minutes to put together and provides a super nutritious and quick breakfast.
- 1/2 cup milk (your choice), plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a clean 10 ounce or 12 ounce mason jar, pour in the milk.
- Add old-fashioned or rolled oats and your all-natural sweetener of choice (pure maple syrup or honey).
- Pour in the remaining add-ins, which is fresh or frozen blueberries, walnuts, cinnamon, and vanilla for this version.
- Screw on the lid tightly and shake. Set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 3-5 days.
- You can eat it cold or warm. Here’s how to serve it:
Serve Cold: Shake the jar. Stir in a little extra milk if it’s too thick and more sweetener if you’d like. Grab a spoon and eat your oats cold. This is the perfect solution for those mornings when you’re on the run!
Serve Warm: This is our preferred way to serve overnight oats. Shake the jar and then remove the lid. Warm the oats in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Stir. Add more milk or sweetener as needed. Warm up even more, if desired.