These whole grain pancakes are full of nutrition and flavor! Use up some garden fresh zucchini and your family will gobble these up!
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain pancake mix (like Arrowhead Mills Multigrain)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used coconut oil)
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat. Grease with cooking spray (I used coconut oil).
- Stir together all ingredients in a medium to large-sized bowl just until combined and lumps disappear.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Cook on one side until bubbles begin to form around the edges (about 2 minutes). Flip and cook on the other side for about a minute or two more, until cooked through.
- Serve with real butter and real maple syrup.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Cook pancakes according to recipe instructions. Place pancakes on cooking sheet in a single layer to freeze them. When solid, you can transfer to pancakes to a freezer safe bag or container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Pull out as many pancakes as you need. Thaw in refrigerator overnight or warm in microwave for a brief time.