Farm fresh quesadillas are your family’s next must-try! Every family member can choose his/her favorite toppings in order to create the perfect, healthy masterpiece.
- 12 whole wheat tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs, scrambled
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound ham, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2–3 tablespoons butter
Make It Now:
- Lay out parchment paper or foil for assembly.
- On a tortilla, assemble by evenly distributing ingredients in this order: 1/4 cup shredded cheddar, about 1/3 cup scrambled eggs, 1/3 cup spinach, sprinkle of bacon, sprinkle of ham, and end with another 1/4 cup shredded cheddar. Top with another tortilla.
- Warm skillet to medium and melt a little butter in the pan.
- Using the parchment paper as help, slide assembled quesadilla carefully into hot pan and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes or until tortilla begins to brown and cheese is melted.
- Slice it up like a pizza and serve!
Freeze For Later: Method 1: Assemble the quesadillas and freeze, just before cooking, in a freezer bag between layers of parchment paper. Lay flat in the freezer. Method 2: Cook quesadillas according to instructions but do not cut into pieces. Let cool completely and then freeze in freezer bag or container, separating layers with parchment paper. Prepare From Frozen: Method 1: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and cook according to instructions. Method 2: Either wrap frozen quesadilla in a moist paper towel and microwave for 30-60 seconds OR let thaw in refrigerator and warm up on sheet pan in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes.