These mini fruit pizzas will be the hit of your next gathering! Delicious sugar cookies, yummy icing, and your favorite fruit makes this a favorite dessert!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 to 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoon vanilla extract (to taste)
- Toppings: diced fresh fruit of any kind. The more colorful the better! If you are able, buy organic produce (especially peaches and strawberries as they tend to contain the highest pesticide residue).
- For the cookies, preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Roll rounded walnut sized amounts of dough into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set and lightly golden. Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes before moving to wire racks to cool completely.
- To prepare the frosting, mix the cream cheese and butter together in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy. (I warmed mine a bit to make it smoother.) Add vanilla.
- Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar until frosting reaches desired consistency. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- If you are making this for a party, I’d recommend making an example and setting it on display so people know what to do!