- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoon vanilla extract (to taste)
- 4+ cups of diced fresh fruit of any kind. The more colorful the better!
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- For the cookies, preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Roll rounded walnut sized amounts of dough into balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set and lightly golden. Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes before moving to wire racks to cool completely.
- To prepare the frosting, mix the cream cheese and butter together in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy. (I warmed mine a bit to make it smoother.) Add vanilla.
- Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar until frosting reaches desired consistency. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
If you are making this for a party, I’d recommend making an example and setting it on display so people know what to do!