This honey garlic soy shrimp marinade makes a great healthy dinner. I love the sweet savory flavor and that the shrimp can be used in a variety of ways. This recipe also includes how to make a freezer friendly version!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound of raw, peeled, deveined shrimp
Make It Now:
- To a medium-sized mixing bowl (or gallon-sized freezer bag), mix together the oil, soy sauce, honey, pepper, and garlic. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover/seal and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1-2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat until it’s shimmery.
- Remove shrimp from the marinade* using tongs or a slotted spoon and add them to the skillet in a single layer. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until shrimp is opaque/pink.
Freeze For Later: In a gallon-sized freezer bag, mix together the oil, soy sauce, honey, pepper, and garlic. Freeze it alongside the bag of shrimp. (Do not add the shrimp to the marinade because it will make the shrimp mushy).
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw the marinade and shrimp overnight in the refrigerator. Drain the shrimp in a colander over the sink and pat dry. Follow Steps 2-4.
*What To Do With the Marinade: Either discard the used marinade OR boil it in a small pot for a few minutes. After boiling the marinade is safe to use as a sauce and is delicious over shrimp, rice, and stir-fried veggies.