Peanut butter and chocolate star in this delicious, make-ahead Peanut Butter Cup Overnight Oats recipe that takes just minutes to put together. You’ll think it’s dessert but it’s really a hearty, healthy breakfast!
- 1/2 cup almond milk, plus more for serving (or your choice of milk)
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (sub: quick oats)
- 1/2–1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- In a 10 ounce or 12 ounce mason jar, pour in the milk.
- Add oats and your all-natural sweetener of choice (pure maple syrup or honey).
- Add in the remaining add-ins (except bananas), which are peanut butter, ground flaxseed, mini chocolate chips, and chopped peanuts.
- Screw on the lid tightly and shake. Set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 3-5 days.
- When ready to eat, add your sliced bananas per the instructions below. Here’s how to serve when ready:
Serve Cold: Shake the jar. Open and add in the bananas. Stir in a little extra milk if it’s too thick and more sweetener if you’d like. Grab a spoon and eat your oats cold. This is the perfect solution for those mornings when you’re on the run!
Serve Warm: This is our preferred way to serve overnight oats. Shake the jar and then remove the lid. Warm the oats in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Stir. Add in the sliced bananas and more milk or sweetener, as needed. Warm up even more, if desired.