Whole Wheat Pastry Crust will bring the homemade amazingness to your pie game.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (I used King Arthur)
- 10 tablespoons cold butter (I used Kerrygold)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup icy cold water
- Mix flour, salt, and flaxseed in a food processor.
- Add cold butter and cut in using a pastry blender, or pulse in the food processor.
- Mix water, egg, and vinegar in a measuring cup.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water mix at a time, until dough forms into a ball. Gather up and pat into a disc. If possible, cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes before rolling out.
- When ready to use, roll dough out on a lightly floured surface.