This light, flavorful shrimp scampi dish has been a favorite for years. Kids and adults alike love the combination of flavors and ingredients! Serve over some whole grain pasta and you’ll have one incredible meal.
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (6-inch) rosemary sprig, finely chopped and stems discarded
- 40 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- Cooking spray
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- For serving (optional): cooked whole wheat spaghetti, Oven Roasted Asparagus, chopped cherry tomatoes, and fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Make It Now:
- Combine first 7 ingredients, from lemon juice to rosemary, in a gallon-sized zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp to bag; seal and shake to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- Grill or broil the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side, or until shrimp are done (should be pink).
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
- Optional Serving Suggestion: Double the marinade, boil it (to make sure it’s safe after having raw shrimp in it) while the shrimp is cooking, and then toss the marinade and shrimp with cooked angel hair pasta, some roasted asparagus, and chopped cherry tomatoes. Grate a little fresh Parmesan over the top and sprinkle freshly chopped parsley.
Freeze For Later: Complete step 1, but do not marinate the shrimp in the refrigerator. Instead, freeze immediately. Prepare From Frozen: Run the bag of frozen shrimp and marinade under lukewarm tap water or let it sit in a bowl of water until the shrimp are thawed. This doesn’t take too long. Follow steps 2-5.