This homemade granola is SO simple and SO tasty. Double the recipe because it will go fast!
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (sub: all purpose flour)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup PURE maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (sub: avocado oil or another neutral oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300°F degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together oats, flour and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine syrup, oil and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture, and stir until well coated.
- Spread oats out on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Then, stir and flip the granola with a spatula. (You can add raisins or other ingredients, like nuts, shredded coconut, or other dried fruit, at this point.)
- Bake another 25 minutes.
- Let cool. Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 6 months or even longer in the freezer.
I almost ALWAYS double this recipe when I make it.