Finally, a slow cooker recipe that is SUPER easy to make yet packed with flavor. The creamy goodness of this sausage tortellini soup is a win with all ages and makes for great lunch leftovers.
- 1 (19 oz.) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 (32 ounce) carton of chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese, cut into cubes
- Over medium heat, brown the sausage in a skillet until there is no more pink showing.
- Drain any excess grease.
- Add the sausage, spinach, tomatoes, chicken broth and cream cheese into a standard sized slow cooker.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, stirring one or two times to help cream cheese dissolve.
- After about 4 hours, add frozen tortellini in.
- Cook for about 45 more minutes.