These sweet potato biscuits are packed with Vitamins A and C. Try these healthy, flavorful biscuits as part of your next meal.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 1/4 cups whole grain baking mix
- 2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoons ground allspice (or cinnamon works)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wrap sweet potato in a paper towel. Microwave on high until soft, 4 minutes. Scoop flesh into a bowl and mash; set aside.
- Place baking mix and butter in a bowl; rub butter into mix with fingertips until large pea-sized crumbs form. Add sweet potato, buttermilk and allspice; mix until just combined.
- Drop dough by big spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet (making eight total).
- Bake until biscuits are firm to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Once cool, store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Bake biscuits as directed. Cool completely. Place in freezer safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
Wrap biscuits in damp paper towel and heat in microwave for 20-30 seconds.